Lisboa Triathlon Cancellation and Refund Policy
You'll be able to cancel your registration, for the reasons explained later on, according to these dates:
Without the Lisboa Triathlon's Refund Plan
- Until January 1st 2016 - 50% of your registration value
- January 2nd 2016 until the registrations are closed - No Refund.
With the Lisboa Triathlon's Refund Plan
- Until the event registrations are closed - 100%
Lisboa Triathlon Refund Plan
The terms and conditions of the Lisboa Triathlon Refund Plan (herein called the “Plan”) described below apply to the event for which you have registered and that is described on your registration receipt. The Plan is administered by Lisboa Triathlon.
Terms and Conditions
Who Is Eligible For Protection - When Does Protection Begin And End:
You are eligible for protection under the Plan if you are a registered participant in the Lisboa Triathlon and you have paid the Registration Fee in full, enrolled in the Plan, and paid the Plan fee. Your protection under the Plan begins on the date your electronic internet registration is received. Your protection under the Plan ends when registrations closes. You are not eligible to enroll in the Plan at any time other than when you register for the Event.
What You Pay:
The Plan fee is shown on the Event registration receipt and is due on the date you register to participate in the Covered Event.
What the Plan Will Pay:
- You will be reimbursed 100% of the Registration Fee you paid for the Covered Event, including taxes and service fees. The benefit amount will not include any additional charges or fees that are in excess of the basic Registration Fee required to participate in the event. The reimbursement amount will not include any additional donations or amounts you contribute to a charitable organization in connection with your participation.
- You will be reimbursed for the Registration Fee you paid if you are unable to participate in the Covered Event for any one of the following reasons:
- Prior to the start of the Covered Event, you suffer from an Injury or an unforeseen Illness, normal pregnancy, or childbirth including unforeseen complications of pregnancy which prevents you from participating in the Covered Event. A Qualified Medical Practitioner must certify that you are not able to participate in the Covered Event.
- You are on Active Military Duty and receive unanticipated reassignment or deployment orders or revocation of personal leave, except for disciplinary reasons. You must provide us a copy of the orders you receive.
- You are directly involved in a traffic Accident on the day of the Covered Event that causes either: an Injury to you or damage to the automobile that creates an immediate need for repair to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle and prevents your attendance at the Covered Event.
- Any Injury or an unforeseen Illness, normal pregnancy, or childbirth including unforeseen complications of pregnancy occurring to your Family Member. Your Family Member must be examined by a Qualified Medical Practitioner within 72 weekday hours of the date of the Covered Event.
- You, after having been with the same employer for at least three continuous years, are terminated or laid off, through no fault of your own, after you enroll as a participant in the Covered Event.
- You or Your spouse are relocated by your or your spouse's current employer to a location that is at least 100 miles from your primary residence.
- The death of your Family Member. You must provide us a copy of the death certificate via a process outlined in the benefit request form.
The Plan Will Not Pay:
You will not be reimbursed the Registration Fee you paid for the Event if you are unable to participate in the Event due to:
- An intentionally self-inflicted injury or self-inflicted sickness.
- Physical complications resulting from alcohol or substance abuse.
- Natural disasters (unless as specifically covered)
In addition to the exclusions above, you will not be reimbursed the Registration Fee you paid for the Event if:
- You have not made your full payment of the Registration Fee prior to the Event date;
- The Event is cancelled by the Event administrator for any reason (including bad weather) unless as covered herein;
- You cross the start line on the day of the Event but fail to finish the course for any reason;
- Make changes to personal plans OR
- have a business or contractual obligation that prevents you from participating in the Event.
All refunds are sent in the form of a wire transfer on the refund request form information you provide. Once the Plan is elected, you are only eligible to receive a partial refund directly from Lisboa Triathlon if your Plan claim is denied.
The fees associated with the Plan are non-refundable.
How To File a Claim:
If you are unable to participate in the Covered Event for any of the reasons listed above, you must complete and submit the refund request form to Lisboa Triathlon no later than the date registrations close. If you do not report a claim, or provide sufficient proof until the closing of the registrations of the Covered Event, you will not be entitled to reimbursement of the Registration Fee you paid for this Event.
Accident means an unexpected, unintended, unforeseeable event causing Injury.
Active Military Duty means serving in the your country Armed Forces on a full-time basis.
Covered Event means the Event for which you have are eligible to receive protection under the Plan.
Domestic Partner means a person who is at least eighteen years of age and you can show: 1) evidence of financial interdependence, such as joint bank accounts or credit cards, jointly owned property, and mutual life insurance or pension beneficiary designations; 2) evidence of cohabitation for at least the previous 6 months; and 3) an affidavit of domestic partnership if recognized by the jurisdiction within which they reside.
Event includes various running and sporting competitions that are sponsored, facilitated and managed by the Lisboa Triathlon.
Family Member means your dependent, spouse, child, spouse's child, son-daughter-in-law, parent(s), sibling(s),
brother-sister grandparent(s), grandchild, step brother-sister, step-parent(s), parent(s)-in-law, brother-sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, guardian, Domestic Partner, foster-child, or ward.
Felonious Assault is an act of violence against you requiring medical treatment by a Qualified Medical Practitioner.
Illness means a sickness, infirmity or disease that causes a loss that begins while you are eligible for protection and is not a Pre-
Injury means bodily Injury caused by an Accident or Felonious Assault, directly and independently of all other causes and sustained on or after you become eligible for protection and before the Event Date.
Normal Pregnancy or Childbirth means a pregnancy or childbirth that is free of complications.
Qualified Medical Practitioner means a person licensed as a medical doctor by the jurisdiction in which he/she is resident to practice the healing arts. This includes Physicians, licensed Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Chiropractors. He/she must be practicing within the scope of his/her license for the service or treatment given and may not be the Covered Individual or a family member of the Covered Individual.
Registration Fee means the total amount paid for the registration, including any service and handling fees.
Sickness means an illness or disease of the body which requires examination and treatment by a Qualified Medical Practitioner and commences while you are eligible for protection.
Categories of Information We Disclose and to Whom We Disclose It
Except as expressly set forth herein, we will not disclose any personal information about you. Please be advised that this information will be shared with our insurance company, for the servicing of the product that you have purchased and/or to prevent fraud. In addition, you may receive promotional materials from our insurance company or one of its affiliates. These are only examples and there may be other disclosures authorized by law.